It has been some time since I have sat down to write on my blog... not that I haven't wanted to, just haven't made the time. I think about it many times during the day, but never seem to get to it. It is funny how things take up time in our lives. People ask me what do I do all day? Well, I sure don't eat bon bons by the boxful.... I don't know that I have ever had a bon bon. I fill my day with taking care of my family and my house. In addition to that... I do the things that I love. I thrift store shop(just finished that a little bit ago)..... I am somewhat addicted to couponing and refuse to pay over $1.00 for toothpaste, deoderant and most time shampoo and conditioner. In fact, I prefer to get it for F R E E ..... that spells free(sorry, that commerical popped into my head). I also fill my day with sewing, quiliting(I am teaching myself.... not always the wisest thing to do), learning how to use my embroidery machine(that is being self taught with the help of hubby), scrapbooking and freezer cooking. I sometimes volunteer or I take care of my friends' babies.. so that they can have a break. So, that's what I do all day.
I love my job. I have to say that I am blessed to be able to stay at home and do the things that I love so very much. God has blessed our family and we in turn want to bless others.
Currently, I am working on a mini I spy quilt. I saw it on this blog http://myplumpudding.blogspot.com/ (it's under make and takes).... I fell in love with the quilt.... and had to make one. I ran out to Walmart Sunday evening and bought some material. I started with one for a boy..... usually I would start with a girl's, but not this time. I have some little boys in mind that will hopefully like it. I spent Mon. cutting the squares and piecing the top of it together. It went together fairly easy. Last night I bought ABC backing and the batting. I am hoping to complete one tonight. I think they are adorable. The quilt is small and is able to go in the car. I bought the fabric for girl ones this morning. I can't wait to start on those... maybe tomorrow. I am going to make big ones(with 60 sqaures.... both boy and girl squares) and perhaps give them as teacher gifts. I have one that will be donated to a friend who works as a counselor with children. I will be working on that one next week. I will be sure to post pic when I get them all completed.
Not an exciting life, but a blessed one for sure.
Tuesday, October 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment