Saturday, November 1, 2008

Busy Bee

Today was a very productive day..... even with the fam at home. Usually, I plan my cooking days during the week when it's just me and the pups. Here's what I cooked for this month. All is in the freezer waiting to be eaten..... yummy!!!!

Beef Stroganoff
Italian Stuffed Chicken Breasts (chicken breasts stuffed with ham, mozz. cheese and sun dried tomatoes). This is a meal kit and will need to have the Tomato Cream Sauce.
Panera's Cream Cheese Potato Soup
Outback's Alice Springs Chicken
Sirloin Strips in Wine Sauce
Chili
Hamburger -cooked and waiting to be used for pasta.
Crock pot Chicken taco meat- this will be used for tacos at the beginning of the month and quesadillas at the end of the month.
Quiche for hubby for breakfast this week.

I have to make scalloped ham and potatoes, but I just don't think they will freeze too well. Also, the freezer is pretty full.

This month I tried to buy 90% of the staples that we would need for the month and then use the second half of our budget to purchase fresh items and dairy as needed. So far, it has worked.

Once we move to Alabama, we will live about an hour from a commissary. And 30 minutes from Walmart. I also want to spend more time sewing and focusing on the upcoming holiday season... cooking this way will allow me less time in the kitchen each day. I do have other meals planned, but either they are already in the freezer, something very simple like hot dogs and mac & cheese, breakfast or we are ordering out. I would like to bake one day to have some goodies in the stocked up, too.

1 comment:

amanda said...

wow.

and I thought I did a lot changing 13 clocks back.

i NEED the potato soup recipe. yum.