I am going to take part in an online book club with Vicki Courtney. It is called 5 Conversations you must have with your daughter. If you would like to learn more just click on the button on the right side.... it will take you right to Vicki's blog.
I just found her blog.... and it will be a challenge first off because the online book club starts on Jan. 5th. She would like for us to have read the first conversation by Jan. 5th ( I am bought the book today and started reading it in the car on the way home- Curry was driving).
As you know when you dive into something that is good and God led...... Satan shows up. So, let's just get this over with.... Satan... you are not welcome here. I am going to read this book and I am going to have these conversations with my daughter. I give you no power over me... I will guard my time so that I may read the book. I will take part in this book club and converse with other Christians... we will come together and we will glorify the Lord. I am a child of God and you have no authority over me. ( I may repeat this every time that I pick up the book.)
I would love for you to pray for me and Logan as I read this book and share these conversations with her. Ask the Lord to give me the right words and tone when speaking to Logan. Ask Him to open her heart and ears to receive what I will learn. Ask that He will protect us as we are sure to have some spiritual battle during this time. Ask that He will bless our time together as we will be tackling many issue(some are going to be harder than others).
I may call upon some of you for prayer as I travel through this adventure. I can't wait to see what God has in store for me and Logan.
Friday, December 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
girl, I will be praying.
and you sure did tell Satan a thing or two!
You are wise to know the battle will rage, thank goodness we have the victory.
Press on.
(I am glad you clarified that Curry was driving while you were reading)
Sounds like a great time. I know you will be blessed. Enjoy!
Post a Comment