Thursday, December 11, 2008
Okay, let's see if I remember how this works....
Oh, see it is all coming back to me. I can't believe how long it has been since I have taken time to blog... I have lots of pics but those will have to come later. For now, a little catch up. I can not believe we are in the second week of Dec. Where did the time go??? We have the house decorated and the tree up. I am thinking I am finished with shopping. I did it early this year because I knew I would have another project that would have me in the stores and I wanted to be able to focus completely on it. What could that be???Each year at LCS(Logan's school) the children have a service project. I think they try to do some thing different each year. This year the 5th and 6th grade classes have adopted families. We have a family with 13 members. A mom and Dad had to move in with their eldest daughter and her husband... they have 9 children combined. Let me tell you how great our God is.... this is the family that He gave to us and He has provided for the family. In the beginning we were hoping to be able to give the family a food basket, a fruit basket, a family game and some decoarted cookies. That was not in His plan. Through my gift of gab; I shared with some friends what Logan's class was going to be doing and the donations started coming in. We then became excited and thought we could provide each family member with one present....still not in His plan. I was given mostly family games and items for the girls. I wondered what would I get for the boys, how would it be in the right price range and not be cheap??? Once again God provided for us..... Walmart had some cool boy toys and they were all under $15.00. Here's the finale.... we are able to give each child four gifts and a pair of gloves. The parents will receive three gifts and gloves. In addition to that they will receive a fruit basket, health and beauty aids, lots of family games, and over $150.00 in food. GOD IS SOOOOO GOOD!!!!On Tuesday, Dec. 16th Logan's class will be wrapping gifts, assembling the baskets, decorating cookies and learning about God's love for those in need. We have also invited the newspaper to come out and see what we are doing. This will allow publicity for the program that we are aiding.It has been crazy around here but well worth it. I think this will be a wonderful service project.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment