No, we did not get orders.... no, we are not moving(at least not in the next couple of months). So, why in the world would I be babbling about house hunting???? Because we are trying to pick our "someday" house. That's what we started calling it when we lived in quarters in Europe and it has stuck.... someday I'll have a house with this, this, and this. Someday, I'll have a house that will be mine and not someone else's. Someday I'll have a house that I won't move from in three years. That would be our retirement house. That's what we are in search of right now.
We are searching endlessly on the Net for a house that will fit us now and in years to come. We think we have found it and then.... something is wrong. Not, a little wrong, but a big wrong. Like our furniture won't fit in a room, or it is too small for now but great for when we get older, or it's too big now(usually the case if I pick it) and way too big for when we get older. So, we just keep looking.
Some thing that I have learned is that most of the websites have the same plans just different names. UGH!!! This is time consuming and nerve racking. We are getting down to the wire of needing to have something picked out in order to get the plans ordered. This all has to be in place before Oct. Looks like we are going to be surfing quite a bit in search of my "someday" house.
Sunday, January 18, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Come on, just grab that graphing paper and start drawing ☺
Seriously, it sounds like a fun task but I'm sure as you get down to the wire, it's not as fun.
Just like with the house you're in now, I'm positive God will bring you to the "perfect" house in the "perfect" time!
It's sad to think about you guys moving so far away!
Post a Comment