Tuesday, January 6, 2009

My Husband Rocks

I saw "My Husband Rocks" here http://bringonthelloyds.blogspot.com/ and I thought I'd like to do that on my blog. My understanding is that in the "blogging world" it's okay to use someone else's idea if you give credit where credit is due( and the chances of the lloyd's reading my blog are slim to none).

So, how does my husband rock??? In so many ways, but this is the one that I am choosing to share with you.

As some may know, we bought a new washing machine.... and it is uses HE laundry detg. (that stuff is really expensive; if you ask me) in my blogging I found recipe for homemade laundry detergent here http://down---to---earth.blogspot.com/ (super great blog.... take some time and read some). Curry heard me talking about it and became interested.... I think it was because he thought we were going to have to build something to make it.

He offered to make my laundry detergent for me.... he enlisted the help of Logan. (He was so cute because I barely had the groceries out away and he was already getting everything together to make the soap).

It didn't take long to make and it smells very "fresh". We are still trying to compute the cost but it sure wasn't the cost of the HE stuff. I have used it twice and really do not see any difference.

We are on our way to a house of handmade.


Here are the ingredients.... cost $6



First, they grated the Ivory soap.


Here's what it looks like grated.

Add the Borax and washing soda


Mix with hands.... breaking up the shaved soap.


Add more soap and mix with hands...until all of the soap is incorporated.

2 comments:

amanda said...

oh y'all, and your projects...

so fun. i can't wait to smell it...

Katie said...

Hi! "The Lloyds" here! :) .....I just wanted to let you know that I, in fact, did not come up with My Husband Rocks Fridays - wish I could take credit! But, Katy Lin from The Great Adventure is the one who started it all! Here's all about it at her page! and thanks for visiting Bring on the Lloyds...

..and your hubby sure does rock! I sometimes wish mine was as eager to make/build things! :)