Wednesday, September 17, 2008

another day shopping....

Today's grand total savings at the commissary wasn't near what it was last month, but it was still savings.... $35.00. The cashier was quite surprised... I even shared some coupons with some other customers(the c's were going to expire before I'd head out again for another shopping trip). I am going to have a cooking day tomorrow... here's what I have planned to cook.
Sour Cream and Chicken Enchiladas
Seared Chicken w/ Sun Dried Tomato sauce
Quick Fix Bourguignon
Pepper Steak over rice
Quiche in a Bag( I'll test this one when I take snack to church)
Pigs in a blanket(for breakfast)
Red Beans and Rice( Ginny, I'm trying your recipe...)
Ham Crescent rolls(bought crescent rolls for $0.39 a can.... I think we have about 5 of those bad boys to use up.)
2 pasta dishes... using left over pasta and sauce from dinner tonight.. I'll add some mozzerella cheese and call it good... I may get a little crazy and throw in some pepperoni.. it was on sale and I bought two.). I am going to make 2 8x8 pans.. one for our dinner later and one to give away.
Ham and scalloped potatoes( A friend was kind to share her c's and I was able to get ham for $0.49 per lb.... so I bought ummmm, 8 packages.)
If I have time I'll make pumpkin spice muffins, blueberry muffins and chocolate chip muffins.
All of these items will go into my freezer for dinners this month and some next month. I love to cook but there are some days that I just want to or need to have some thing on hand to pull out and pop in the oven. The key with that is to remember to defrost it the night before.
Since I'll be cooking solo tomorrow... and I am limited on time.. I won't be taking any pics. I'll try to post tomorrow what I actually was able to accomplish.

3 comments:

amanda said...

good stuff, barbar...

how about "Barbar's Good Stuff" for your blog title? =)

I won't call you today unless its of utter importance!

have fun cookin'

Barbie said...

only your boy would get that.. plus it's not too catchy.

Always an Adventure said...

But if only they could here the way he says it...it would be a winner!