Wednesday, September 17, 2008

whew... i'm glad that's over

Can you say "dinner's in the freezer"? Well, I sure can. I haven't had a cooking session like that in quite some time. Obviously, long over due. Here's what I was able to accomplish today.. first, I had to organize my freezer. In doing so, I realize just how much I hate my chest freezer. But a new one will have to wait until retirement..... plus, we don't have any place to put it here. For now, we will count our blessings..... 1. we have a freezer & 2. we have lots of food in it to organize.

Hang on a minute.. something freaky is going on with this blog. It says my request could not be processed( I didn't request any thing)... auto save has failed. That's what I need.... no auto save... UGH!!! This blogging thing can be stressful at times. I am going to continue to type and hope it's all there when I go to post this baby.

Okay, now back to my day. After I organized my chest freezer and my frig freezer.... I started my cooking session. To make a long day short... I was able to make everything on my list except the choc. chip muffins and the blueberry muffins. The scalloped ham and potatoes are still in question... I forgot to add flour (I was try to remember a recipe.... not too smart when you are multitasking). I cooked them; will allow them to cool and then freeze. (We have lots of cereal in the event these dishes are not edible).

The Quick Fix Bourguignon is yummy. Logan tasted it when she got home and wanted to have it tonight. I also tasted the sun dried tomato sauce and can't wait to have it. YUMMO!!!
In addition I was able to make taco meat and enchilada bake(with hamburger). All in all it was a successful day!!! I am very tired and considering getting a pizza or cereal for dinner.

I'll post the results of the meals once we actually eat them... that will be next week.

2 comments:

amanda said...

wow - it was touch and go there for a few minutes with all the 'request denied' and 'auto-save failed' -- probably a big read bar across the top to boot...

can't wait to hear about all the meals... and what would be the ideal freezer for all this food, a stand up one?

still thinking of a blog name -- maybe i'll ask Wilson I am sure he would have a good one!

Always an Adventure said...

You two both talking about food...making me hungry. We had left over catfish for dinner. Ew. Ok, it wasn't terrible but not as good as what you've made. Have fun tomorrow with W2 and I'll talk to you soon! We're field trippin' to the zoo in Norman!