Monday, September 8, 2008

Cake Decorating 101

Tonight was Logan's first cake decorating class. She was very excited!!! She is taking this class at Hobby Lobby all by herself... no mom, no friends... just her(and the other three girls in the class). She had a blast and she didn't even decorate anything. All of the ladies were very kind to her and I am thankful for that. Her instructor treated her with respect and was extra kind in making sure Logan was with everyone before moving onto the next task. I think this is going to be a great thing for Logan.
Her homework is to bake a cake...... this will be very interesting as cake baking is not my strong suit. I am going to be the "silent partner" in this one, or maybe I should say the silent board member as I am the one that will be funding this adventure. Ladies, let me caution you before you take a cake deco. class or encourage your children to do so..... take out a small loan. This stuff isn't cheap, but most of it will be able to be used for years. Of course, my little angel is smarter than I give her credit for.... she asked before the class started if she would have to buy the things(with her allowance) or if I would. Silly me, I thought, a couple of cake mixes, a pan, & a Student Kit.... no big deal. HA HA....... I still haven't totalled up the amount. When I picked Logan up tonight... she simply asked; " Do you have your credit card, Mom??" The buying adventure will have to wait until tomorrow.

3 comments:

amanda said...

so fun! I can't wait to see her first cake! what a great thing for you to let her do...

Always an Adventure said...

Uh...where's the picture of your cake, Barb??? ☺

Judy said...

Okay, Logan is going to make the desserts at the next family reunion!!