Tuesday, September 9, 2008

ear plugs, please

6th grade has privileges of being the "oldest" in the school. One of these privileges is beginner band. Yes, I did say beginner band. We all know what that means... band=instruments. We received a note on Thurs. about a band informational meeting on Fri. at 9am. Logan attended the meeting and by the end of day she had made up her mind that she wanted to play the clarinet. This totally blows my mind because I have no musical ability at all. Friday, we went in search of a clarinet to rent. We didn't have to look too far(there are only three musical instrument stores in this town). Next was gaining approval from Dad. Of course, Dad is TDY(temporary duty)... this is usually the case when decisions like this have to be made. A phone call and a few days of thinking about it. Monday I was off to rent the clarinet. This is when I encountered the question that I blogged about earlier... what was I suppose to put in the blank about my occupation... I laughed when I came to that question and I simply told the guy, "I am doing my job right now". He didn't see too much humor in this remark. Now, Lo has an instrument and I am in search of good ear plugs.

Here are a few pics that I snapped tonight while Lo was watching her informational DVD.



I am still learning how to post pics, so please bear with me.



2 comments:

amanda said...

oh. my. stars.

why was this secret kept from me? I played the clarinet in 5th grade (maybe 6th grade too). Trouble is-I was no good... and because I was no good, I didn't like to practice. Oh the logic... And to think if I had practiced I could possibly be a famous clarinet-er. Or something.

Yeah Lo! (PRACTICE is key!)

Oh, by the way, Barbie, somehow we ended up with a box full of earplugs in our garage--something to do with medics and the Army. Let me know if you need to 'borrow' some!

Judy said...

Barb - if you borrow any of Amanda's earplugs make sure they haven't been "borrowed" previously - ha!

Way to go Logan, I got me a guitar for my birthday, next time we get together maybe we can make some music, if not music then some noise.