The first year of your child's life you have the year of "firsts".... first smile, first tooth, first time rolling over, crawling, first step.... etc. That is a year of amazement... you stand in awe as your baby grows and reaches each of these firsts. This has happened all over again in our house... 11 years later. This is the year of "firsts" again for us. Logan has experience many new things this year and it's only Sept.
Here's a look at our "firsts" at 12 years old..... Logan had her first tooth pulled(it just happened that she had to have 5 baby teeth pulled at the same time), she attended church camp(sleepover camp for a week and no calling home.... we both were just fine), her first unaccompanied airplane ride(there were a few minor details to this adventure... Logan handled this better than I did), her first set of braces(hopefully the only set; pics to follow), her first cell phone(will post pics and more later), cake decorating class, and band. WOW!!! What a year.
With these new "firsts" comes release. I am having to let go just a little bit more and not hold on so tightly. This was not an easy task at first.... I knew many new things would be coming this year and I also knew that I couldn't go this road alone. What's a mother to do?????
I gave Logan back to God. Yes, God had a heart to heart with me and I knew that if I wanted to have peace through this journey.... I would have to hand her over to Him. He is the one who gave her to me in the first place... she isn't mine to keep.... but He wanted me to give her back willingly. Many times I have been "afraid" for Logan and a few years ago I was told that I needed to give her back to God. Well, being stubborn and controlling by nature I refused to listen and therefore still had fears for her. Before she left for camp; I knew that was the time. I prayed and prayed... I gave my precious daughter back to our Maker. She's yours now, Lord... protect her and keep her safe as only you can do.
Not once while she was at camp did I loose sleep. I wasn't afraid for her. Yes, I missed her and I talked about her daily....actually Curry and I were both ready for her to come home about mid way through. I can not tell you the freedom that I have from worry over Logan. There's a difference in being concerned and being fearful..... when she away from me....I do not have fear because I have God traveling this road with us. The weight has been lifted from me now, and I do not live in fear for Logan.
I can not wait to see what else is in store for us... I'm sure this is only the beginning.
Wednesday, September 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
wow.
good words Barbie... this mothering thing is not an easy road. But, God is good, all the time!
So many exciting things this year!
Post a Comment