Logan and I were a part of some thing very special today....
Brad is currently stationed in Africa..... Amanda, his beautiful bride, is one of my dear friends. Tonight, Brad flew in for R&R.... we were invited to come and take pics and video the homecoming. I can not tell you how wonderful this experience was for me and Logan.
As I stood and watched Amanda peer out the airport window while the plane landed.....Walker, their youngest(2 yrs. old) was saying, "Daddy's plane, Daddy's plane".....all the while I was being blessed by this wonderful family that God has placed in our lives.
Brad was about the third person off of the plane... but he was the first one through the doors. The other passengers allowed him to enter the airport first. The love that I saw was indescribable.....there were tears of joy, hugs, smiles and a peace that comes with having your loved one back in your arms again.
I have been on the receiveing end of having my husband coming home.... but never have I been a part of someone else's hubby coming home..... it is a very special time. Thanks for sharing it with us...
WELCOME HOME BRAD!!!!
Saturday, September 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
It is through tears I am thanking God for blessing Amanda with such a good friend as you! Thank you, from the bottom of my heart, for capturing the homecoming for us, his extended family, to see and share in.
May God continue to bless you as you continue to bless the lives of so many others!
Post a Comment